Business of the Month Program
Johnstown Business of the Month program is aimed at recognizing local businesses in our community who provide in an invaluable contribution to our community and residents. The program is intended for businesses in the service, commercial, or retail industry who directly provide a service or goods to residents and visitors. Through use of the Town’s social media platform and other community engagement opportunities (i.e.- monthly newsletter), businesses who participate in the program will receive the benefits of direct outreach and marketing.
- Have a physical storefront (out of home based businesses do not qualify)
- Current business license on file
- Must be a retail trade business (wholesale trade businesses do not qualify)
Businesses who meet all eligibility requirements will be automatically entered into the drawing. The business selected from the drawing will be contacted prior to the beginning month to be asked to participate in the program. If the business accepts, they will be officially announced during the first regularly scheduled Town Council meeting. Participants will be asked to attend the Council Meeting to be recognized by our Town Council.
- In person recognition at Town Council meeting with award certificate
- Sandwich sign to be placed outside their business location for the month of which they were awarded (sign to be delivered and picked up by town staff)
- Feature on Town social media accounts
- Feature on the subsequent monthly Town newsletter
- Biannual feature press release