2022 DEA Drug Take Back Event
April 30, 2022
Johnstown Police Department (430 South Parish Road, Johnstown CO)
The purpose of Drug Take Back Day is for residents to be able to dispose of expired, unwanted, and unused prescription medications. The public's participation in this event is important to keep family members and the community safe from misuse. Please note that syringes, illegal narcotics, and radioactive/chemotherapy medication WILL NOT be accepted.
Since the PD needs to maintain a chain of custody of some medications that will be turned in, this will not be a contactless event. Be prepared to bring the medications for disposal to the front entryway of the main Police Department where an Officer will be available to help facilitate the drop-off.
Additional Program Details:
- This program is anonymous and all efforts should be made to protect the anonymity of individuals disposing of medications. No questions or requests for identification will be made.
- Law Enforcement will not count, inventory, or log medications.
- Participants may dispose of medication in its original container (please remove any identifying information from the bottle) OR by removing the medication from its container and directly into the disposal box.
- All solid dosage pharmaceutical product and liquids in consumer containers may be accepted. Liquid products, such as cough syrup, should remain sealed in their original container and should ensure that the cap is tightly sealed to prevent leakage.
- Intra-venous solutions, injectables, and syringes will not be accepted due to potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.