Relevant closures week of October 4 from CDOT's project page
Berthoud to Johnstown
On Monday and Tuesday nights, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., there will be nightly full closures of eastbound and westbound Colorado Highway 60 over I-25 to install the remaining bridge girders. During these times, northbound and southbound traffic on I-25 will proceed up and over the ramps at CO 60.
- Westbound CO 60 traffic will take the northbound I-25 on-ramp at CO 60 to Colorado Highway 402. Traffic will turn at CO 402 and take I-25 south to the CO 60 off-ramp and continue westbound on CO 60.
- Eastbound CO 60 traffic will take Weld County Road 7 north to Larimer County Road 14, east to County Road 13 and south to CO 60.
- To access westbound Colorado Highway 56, northbound I-25 traffic will stay on I-25 to the CO 402 interchange, take the northbound off-ramp to access the southbound on-ramp to southbound I-25, then take the southbound off-ramp at CO 56.
Starting Monday, Oct. 11., from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., there will be a full closure of eastbound and westbound Weld County Road 46 at I-25 to install new bridge girders for the bridge at I-25. Drivers will detour on Colorado Boulevard to the east or Weld County Road 7 to the west, to travel north to CO 60 or south to Colorado Highway 56/Weld County Road 44.
From Monday, Oct. 11, at 8 a.m., to Friday, Oct. 15, at 5 p.m., there will be a full closure of Larimer County Road 16 at I-25 to install new drainage pipes. Drivers will detour on the Frontage Roads to E. CR 14 or CO 402.
Johnstown to Fort Collins
The Kechter Road bridge over I-25 will be reconstructed during a 7-month full closure beginning 5 a.m., Friday, Oct. 1 through May 2022.
- Eastbound traffic will detour north on Strauss Cabin Road, turn right at Harmony Road. Continue east to County Road 5, turn right, and continue south to Kechter Road.
- Westbound traffic will detour north on County Road 5, turn left at Harmony Road. Continue west to Strauss Cabin Road, turn left, and continue south to Kechter Road.
Once the bridge is closed, crews will demolish the existing Kechter Road bridge over I-25 and construct the new northbound I-25 lanes and new bridge.
A full closure of northbound I-25 and a left lane closure of southbound I-25 from Colorado Highway 392 to Harmony Road will take place from:
- 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 1 until 5 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 2
- 9 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 2 until 6 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 3
Northbound I-25 traffic will use Exit 262/Colorado Highway 392, turn right, and continue east to Colorado Highway 257. Turn left and go north on CO 257 to Harmony Road. Turn left on Harmony Road and continue west to the northbound I-25 on-ramp.
A full closure of southbound I-25 and a left lane closure of northbound I-25 from Harmony Road to CO 392 will take place from:
- 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 8, until 5 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 9
- 9 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 9, until 6 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 10
Southbound I-25 traffic will use Exit 265/ Harmony Road, turn left, and continue east to CO 257. Turn right and go south on CO 257 to CO 392. Turn right on CO 392 and continue west to the southbound I-25 on-ramp.
A full closure of the East Frontage Road between Stable Drive and County Road 40, south of Prospect Road is required from:
- 6 a.m., Monday, Oct. 4 until 6 p.m., Friday, Oct. 8
Northbound East Frontage Road traffic will detour north on County Road 5 to Prospect Road, turn left and proceed west to the East Frontage Road. Southbound East Frontage Road traffic will detour east on Prospect Road to County Road 5 and turn right. Continue south to County Road 40.
A full closure of the northbound I-25 on-ramp from eastbound US Highway 34 and northbound I-25 single lane closures will take place from:
- 9 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 6, until 5 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 7
- 9 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7, until 5 a.m., Friday, Oct. 8
- 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 8, until 5 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 9
Northbound I-25 on-ramp traffic from eastbound US 34 will detour east on US 34 to Centerra Parkway. Proceed north on Centerra Parkway to Crossroads Boulevard, go west on Crossroads Boulevard to the northbound I-25 on-ramp.
Please visit www.codot.gov/projects/north-
PROJECT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Project phone line - (720) 593-1996
- Project email – Northi25ExpressLanes@gmail.com
- Project web site - www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25
- Sign up for weekly project updates by logging onto the project web site and filling out the right-side form to “Subscribe to Project Updates.”
CDOT’s Whole System-Whole Safety program has one simple mission — to get everyone home safely. Our approximately 3,000 employees work tirelessly to reduce the rate and severity of crashes and improve the safety of all modes of transportation. The department manages more than 23,000 lane miles of highway, more than 3,000 bridges and 35 mountain passes. CDOT also manages grant partnerships with a range of agencies, including metropolitan planning organizations, local governments and airports. It also operates Bustang, the state-owned interregional express bus service. Gov. Jared Polis has charged CDOT to further build on the state’s intermodal mobility options.
Remember: Slow For The Cone Zone
The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones.
- Do not speed in work zones. Obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be patient!
Please access CDOT's website for more detail and further information: https://www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25/johnstown-to-fort-collins/traffic-impacts
Jamie Barker, Communications Manager