Waste Connections first day of CURBSIDE garbage and recycling pick up is today (September 7). As a reminder, garbage and recycling trucks will be on their routes for pick-up until dark so leave your totes out to be serviced.
Johnstown, CO – August 10, 2021 – Garbage and recycling service will continue on MONDAY for the entire Town with weekly trash pickup and every other week recycling pickup. *Previously Thompson Crossing and Thompson River Ranch homes were scheduled to be serviced on Wednesday, however Waste Connections was able to move a few trucks around to accommodate the convenient Monday-only pickup for the Town*.
Please review the pick up guidelines below (also sent to every resident as a postcard):
Make sure to follow the guidelines below to ensure your trash and recycling actually gets picked up on your pickup day. If these aren't followed, your trash won't be taken by Waste Connections. If you have any questions about these, be sure to contact Waste Connections at 303-288-2100.
- Container must be curbside (please connect with Waste Connections regarding alley service as it is case-by-case) by 7 am on service day (Please do not block sidewalk.)
- Please note the drivers can be out until it gets dark
- Please leave at least 2 feet between containers
- Do not park personal vehicles within 10 feet of containers on service day
- Handles should be placed towards your house - Do not drill into, bolt or fasten anything to the cart
- Call Customer Service to schedule large item pick ups i.e. furniture, carpet etc.(there may be additional charges) We will need at least 48 hours notice from your scheduled pick up day
- Trash should not be higher than the lid of the container or be placed on top of the lid
- Leaves and yard/grass clippings should be bagged and tied
- Trash should be bagged and tied - Do not pack materials tightly into cart
- Do not place the following items in the cart:
- Hazardous or prohibited waste or materials such as motor oil, tires, batteries, herbicides, pesticides or acids. Dead animals, dirt, sod, brick, concrete or rock, hot ashes, coals or flammable materials such as solvents, oil, gas or liquid paint
Find pricing and more details at johnstown.colorado.gov/garbageandrecycling.
Jamie Barker, Communications Manager