The Town of Johnstown is announcing an extension of the closure of all facilities to the public and public parks to April 30, 2020.
Johnstown, CO - April 6, 2020 -- Town of Johnstown officials have decided to extend the closure of all non-emergency town facilities and Town parks, in response to COVID-19. This extension supports state and county advice in helping to mitigate and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Engaging in outdoor activity such as running, walking, biking, and hiking is allowed, provided the individuals comply with recommended social distancing measures. Parks shall not be used for congregating at shared public facilities (playgrounds, picnic tables, skate parks, shelters).
The closure includes the following facilities and parks:
- Town Hall, 450 S. Parish Avenue
- Public Works, 201 S. 1st Place
- Community Center (Senior Center), 101 Charlotte Street
- Municipal Court, 450 S. Parish Avenue
- Police Department Headquarters, 430 S. Parish Avenue
- Police Substation, 4890 Ronald Reagan Boulevard
- Public Parks
- Parish Park, Johnstown Lake East Park, Johnstown Lake West Park, Hays Park, Aragon Park, Sunrise Park, Rolling Hills Park, Pioneer Ridge Park, Clearview Park
The Town of Johnstown will be announcing the cancellation or postponement of existing events on its social media channels and website.
Jamie Desrosier, Communications Manager