Following the Town’s March 15, 2020 announcement of the closure of Town facilities to the public in an effort to mitigate the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Town of Johnstown is announcing an extension of that closure to April 11, 2020.
Johnstown, CO - March 26, 2020 -- Town of Johnstown officials have decided to extend the closure of all non-emergency town facilities, and add the closure of all Town parks, in response to COVID-19. This extension supports the state (Governor of Colorado Executive Order) and county (Larimer County Public Health Order) stay-at-home orders in keeping facilities and parks closed to the public until April 11, 2020.
Town officials will periodically reassess the need for these closures and will adjust as needed to continue to care for, and protect the health and safety of, our community
The closure includes the following facilities and parks:
- Town Hall, 450 S. Parish Avenue
- Public Works, 201 S. 1st Place
- Community Center (Senior Center), 101 Charlotte Street
- Municipal Court, 450 S. Parish Avenue
- Police Department Headquarters, 430 S. Parish Avenue
- Police Substation, 4890 Ronald Reagan Boulevard
- Public Parks
- Parish Park, Johnstown Lake East Park, Johnstown Lake West Park, Hays Park, Aragon Park, Sunrise Park, Rolling Hills Park, Pioneer Ridge Park, Clearview Park
Engaging in outdoor activity such as running, walking, biking, and hiking is allowed, provided the individuals comply with recommended social distancing measures. Parks shall not be used for congregating at shared public facilities (playgrounds, picnic tables, skate parks, shelters).
For the most up-to-date information, resources, and contacts, please visit TownofJohnstown.com.
The Town of Johnstown will be announcing the cancellation or postponement of existing events on its social media channels.
Jamie Desrosier, Communications Manager