John$town Ca$h will officially launch at the end of March and throughout the program, the Town will still be accepting new Johnstown businesses to participate in the John$town Ca$h program.
Contact Sarah Crosthwaite, Economic Development Manager, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
With COVID-19 continuing to impact our local businesses and residents, it is as important now to 'shop local' than it has ever been. The Town is developing the Johnstown Cash program (to launch in April) to encourage residents to support local businesses - and neighbors - and keep Johnstown great.
Johnstown Cash gift certificates will be mailed to residents (one per household) the first week of April. Each gift certificate will be worth $20 and will be redeemable at select participating businesses from April 2021 through December 31, 2021.
In the next few weeks, the program will officially launch and more information about Johnstown Cash redemption and the participating businesses will be available here.
Terms of the Program (for businesses)
- In order to participate in the program, businesses must meet eligibility requirements and sign up for the John$town Ca$h Gift Certificate Portal.
- Businesses will be reimbursed 100% of the face value of each John$town Ca$h certificate between 15 - 30 days from the date the certificate is redeemed at your location.
- Businesses will redeem each certificate through an online portal or mobile phone application - instructions on set up and use to follow registration.
- Businesses that register for the program by March 17, 2021 will be included on the Joh$town Ca$h certificate that is mailed out. Businesses who sign up after this date will have their business listed on the John$stown Ca$h website.
- The John$town Ca$h certificate program will end, and all certificates will expire on December 31, 2021 with final reimbursements made by the Town by end of January 2022.
Eligibility (for businesses)
To be eligible, a business must:
- Not be a liquor store, dispensary, or smoke shop
- Have an active Town Business License
- Have at least one physical location within the Town, with no more than three total locations
- Have had 1-50 employees on October 1 ("Employee" can include the owner), or in the Town Manager's discretion, have had more than 50 employees on October 1, 2020.
- Not be, or not have been, engaged in any illegal activity
- Be registered and in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State