Wear a mask, Watch your distance, Wash your hands!
The following are the best methods of prevention in avoiding exposure to the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after going to the bathroom, and after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can be used if soap and water are not readily available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep children at home when they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning sprays or disinfecting wipes.
What is the Town Doing?
- Participating in ongoing and regular communications with county and regional emergency management and health agencies to review necessary data, updates, and strategies to coordinate response and action.
- Providing developing information about the virus as we learn more across our communications platforms. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more timely information.
- The Town of Johnstown and its partners are consistently monitoring the current crisis and making efforts to implement the safest practices, including closures and reopenings, that prioritize the health and safety of our community.
Town Facility Closures
This list will be updated as new information becomes available. Residents are encouraged to continue to transact with the Town remotely, as there are several options available to receive services without visiting in person. Please see the information below this table for more details.
|Town Hall (450 S. Parish Ave)||Open|
|Public Works Building (201 S. 1st Place)||Open|
|Police Department Headquarters (430 S. Parish Ave)||Open|
|Police Substation (4890 Ronald Reagan Blvd)||Open|
|Community Center/Senior Center||Open|
|Town Run Parks||Open|
|Municipal Court (450 S. Parish Ave)||Open|
|Glenn A Jones Memorial Library (Town affiliated)||Open - visit librariesrock.org|
|YMCA (Town affiliated)||Open - visit ymcanoco.org|