- Administrative officer of the Town
- Responsible for enforcement of the ordinances, resolutions, franchises, contracts, requirements, regulations, policies, directives and enactments of the Town Council
- Establishes and implements personnel rules and regulations for Town employees
- Causes a proposed budget to be prepared and submitted to the Town Council on an annual basis
- Responsible for administration of the budget adopted by Council
- Causes to be prepared and submitted to the Town Council a report of all finances and financial activities of the Town on a monthly basis
- Causes to be prepared and submitted to the Town Council at the end of the fiscal year, a complete report on the finances of the Town for the year
- Exercises supervision over all Town departments and employees
- Attends Council meetings and participates in discussions with Council in an advisory role
- Makes recommendations and offers advice to Council regarding administrative matters
- Responsible for informing the public on Town functions and activities
- Performs such other duties as prescribed by the Town Charter
The following are the 2020 Department Reports
The Administration Department consists of the Town Manager and the Executive Assistant. Together in the Town Manager’s Office they are responsible for managing and coordinating the day to day operations of the Town and for the enforcement of all policies, laws, and ordinances. The Administration Department implements the Town Board's goals and objectives, and is responsible for the coordination of all municipal programs and services. In addition, the Town Manager makes recommendations to the Mayor and Council as appropriate during Board meetings concerning current and future needs of the Town, without the right to vote.
The Town Manager is responsible for the preparation of the Town's annual budget. The budget reflects the expected revenue and projected expenses for the ensuing year. The Town Manager, in carrying out the responsibilities of fiscal planning and of other areas of Town government, has the authority to appoint the heads of the various departments and divisions.