Public Works

Public Works

Ellen Hilbig | Interim Public Works Director | 970-587-4664


Click here to report an issue

Click to Report Street Light Outage

Town of Johnstown Public Works Department

The Public Works Department is committed to providing the highest level of service while maintaining a safe and reliable infrastructure for all members of the community.  We strive to always seek innovative ways to improve, maintain and enhance public facilities in a cost-effective manner.  The department supports the Town's strategic plan, and considers itself a developing partner in the growth and prosperity of the community.  

Water/Wastewater Plants Contact
Ellen Hilbig

Street/Drainage/Buildings Superintendent
Don Gardner

Collection/Distribution/Parks Superintendent
Tim Callender

Maintenance Facility main number: (970) 587-9103

Emergency Services

Public Works emergency services are provided free of charge to residences within the Town of Johnstown around the clock for problems related to water, sewer, streets, drainage, parks and cemetery issues. Typical emergency calls are: Water line breaks; Sewer stoppages; Storm events, like street flooding or fallen trees in road.

After 5:00 P.M. or weekends, please call the numbers shown below for the corresponding emergencies:

  • Water/wastewater issues with taste/odor: 970.324.4108
  • All other issues related to water, sewer, streets, drainage, parks and cemetery issues: 970.324.4108

**Please leave a message if the phone is not answered, and an on-call person will call you back within 15 minutes.

Right of Way Work Permits

Click here to download application form

Curb, gutter, and sidewalk specifications

Any and all work done on streets, curb and gutter, and sidewalks require a Right-of-Way permit. The Town requires a forty-eight (48) hour notice for approval of the permit.

Any work done, on a State highway within the limits of the Town of Johnstown, requires both a Colorado Department of Highways permit and a Town of Johnstown Right-of-Way permit. The CDOT permit must be obtained first and presented when applying for the Town’s Right-of-Way permit.

Please email your permit application to

**Due to short staffing, at this time, ROW Permits can take a week or more to approve. Please submit your project in advance to ensure approvals prior to your anticipated work start date. 

Town Facilities

  • Town Hall - 450 S. Parish Avenue
  • Public Works - 201 S. 1st Place
  • Community Center (Senior Center) - 101 Charlotte Street
  • Municipal Court - 450 S. Parish Avenue
  • Police Department Headquarters - 430 S. Parish Avenue
  • Police Substation - 4890 Ronald Reagan Boulevard
  • Parish House - 701 Charlotte St.
  • Cemetery - 23101 County Road 13 (just north of 60)