Town of Johnstown Public Works Department
The Public Works Department is committed to providing the highest level of service while maintaining a safe and reliable infrastructure for all members of the community. We strive to always seek innovative ways to improve, maintain and enhance public facilities in a cost-effective manner. The department supports the Town's strategic plan, and considers itself a developing partner in the growth and prosperity of the community.
Town Public Works serves the Town of Johnstown:
- Garbage and Recycling
After Hours (5pm - 8am and weekends)
Typical after hours emergency calls could be: Water line breaks; Sewer stoppages; Storm events, like street flooding or fallen trees in road.
From 5PM to 8AM or on weekends, please call the numbers shown below for the corresponding emergencies with Public Works and Utilities:
Water and sewer (Utilities) after hours, call:
Streets, drainage, parks, and more Public Works after hours issues, call:
**Please leave a message if the phone is not answered, and an on-call person will call you back within 15 minutes.
Right of Way Work Permits
Any and all work done on streets, curb and gutter, and sidewalks require a Right-of-Way permit from the Town of Johnstown. Any work done, on a State highway within the limits of the Town of Johnstown, requires both a Colorado Department of Highways permit and a Town of Johnstown Right-of-Way permit.
- Applicant must submit ROW permit application in PDF format to email@example.com
- Applicant must apply at least 10 days before project start (or ROW impact)
- For complete road closure, 20 days notice is required and notification to the public of the closure via variable message boards (for both directions of travel) is required at least 7 days prior to the closure
- Site plans and traffic control plans must also be submitted in pdf format. Traffic control plans must comply with MUTCD.
- A Certificate of Insurance naming the Town as additionally insured MUST be submitted with the permit application.
- Applicant must present CDOT permit to the Town when applying for a Town ROW permit if the works includes work being done on a State hwy (i.e. SH60)
- Town Hall - 450 S. Parish Avenue
- Public Works - 201 S. 1st Place
- Community Center (Senior Center) - 101 Charlotte Street
- Municipal Court - 450 S. Parish Avenue
- Police Department Headquarters - 430 S. Parish Avenue
- Police Substation - 4890 Ronald Reagan Boulevard
- Parish House - 701 Charlotte St.
- Cemetery - 23101 County Road 13 (just north of 60)