Johnstown Municipal Code Article I, Sections 6-1 through 6-13 contain the requirements for business licenses.
A business license is required for the maintenance, operation or conduct of any business or establishment, or for doing business or engaging in any activity or occupation. Depending on the type of business, upon receipt of an application for a license an investigation or inspection may be made by various agencies or Town departments. These investigations or inspections may be made by the County Health Department, Building Inspector, Fire Marshall, Chief of Police or other officer designated by the Town Council.
The Health Department may inspect businesses in connection with the care and handling of food. For questions for businesses dealing with food, call the applicable health department as well as the applicable Fire Department.
- Weld County Environmental Health 970-304-6415
- Larimer County Environmental Health 970-498-6775
- Loveland Fire Rescue Authority 970-667-5310
- Front Range Fire Rescue 970-587-0339
For building department inspection questions, call 970-587-4664.
For zoning inspection questions, call the Planning and Development Department 970-587-4664.
Liquor Licensing is administered by the Town Clerk’s Office. Liquor licensing involves everything from accepting liquor license applications to processing those applications and holding hearings.
The liquor laws of the State of Colorado restrict the sale and dispensing of alcohol beverages. Any person intending to manufacture, sell, or deal in spirituous liquor in the State of Colorado must apply for a liquor license.
To obtain a liquor license application, contact the Town Clerk at 970-578-9600.
Timeframes that are important for a liquor license:
- Renewal applications must be submitted 45 days prior to the license expiration.
- Special event permit applications need to be submitted 30 days prior to the event.
- New licenses or transfer of ownership requires a minimum of 90 to 120 days.
To obtain a liquor license application, contact the Town Clerk at 970-578-9600. Incomplete applications/packets will not be accepted.
- All forms must be typewritten or printed legibly in black ink. All documents must be fully executed showing required signature and dates.
- Applications must be completed and a complete packet submitted to the Town Clerk, along with the required fees.
While the Johnstown Town Clerk’s office is available to provide some assistance in the application process, the Clerk cannot provide legal advice and cannot make any representations or assurances as to the final outcome of the process. It is not essential that you seek the assistance of an attorney to guide you through the process; although you may strongly consider doing so.
State related information is available from the Colorado Department of Liquor Enforcement Division here: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/liquor.
Call 970-587-4664 for more information
Requirements By ordinance, Sec. 6-133 the Town of Johnstown requires all peddlers and solicitors engaged in door-to-door sales to register and obtain a permit to conduct business in Johnstown. Anyone soliciting residential areas for the purpose of door-to-door sales must:
* Register with the Town Clerk's office.
* Apply with valid id, pay a $10 background check for each
individual engaging in door-to-door sales.
* If background check is approved. Solicitor may purchase a day, a week,
a month or a year license.
* Solicitor must be able to present license to resident.
Please contact the Town Clerk's office for pricing and visit the Town Hall for licensing.
The following contractors need to be licensed with the Town of Johnstown to work in the Town limits. Please contact Deanne Gibboney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Contractor
- Plumbing Contractor
- Electrical Contractor
- Mechanical Contractor
- Fire Sprinkler Contractor
- Lawn Sprinkler Contractor
- Roofing Contractor
Proof of rabies vaccination required.
Licenses are valid for only 1 year and must be renewed by April of each year.
$4.00 PER DOG, PER YEAR IF SPAYED OR NEUTERED
$10.00 PER DOG, IF NOT
Cat licenses are also required