Utility Billing

Utility Billing
Call 970-587-4664 or email utilitybilling@johnstownco.gov for questions related to water, sewer, storm water, and trash/recycling billing. 

For questions related to Trash/Recycling service disruptions please call 303-288-2100

Click here to learn more about Town Utilities

Report an Issue


Paying Your Utility Bill


The Town of Johnstown Utility Services include water, sewer, and solid waste collection (trash and recycling). You will see these items on your Utility Bill Statement from the Town. There are a few ways to pay your utility bill. These are listed below. You are also welcome to call Town Hall with questions during regular business hours: 8am-5pm Monday - Friday. 

Click to View Fee Schedule

Click to Learn More About 2024 Rate Changes


You can pay your bill online with Xpress Bill Pay.

You can pay as a guest OR register for an Xpress Bill Pay account - totally up to you!

For technical support, call 1-800-766-2350 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. MT, Monday through Friday. To pay by phone, call 1-800-720-6847.

Pay by phone with your credit or debit card by calling the Town's Utility Billing Department at 970-587-4664 and asking to pay your utility bill. You can call anytime during regular business hours; Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. If you have your Town Utility Bill Statement with you when you make this call, it will make things easier. 

You can always stop by Town Hall (450 South Parish Ave, Johnstown CO 80534) to pay your utility bill. Just let the folks at the front desk know what you would like to do. The Town accepts cash, checks, and credit cards. 

Town Hall hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

You can return payment for your Utility Bill to the Town by using the envelope provided in your Utility Billing Statement. If you plan on dropping the envelope with your payment off in the Town's drop box, please make payment by check and include your billing account or utility statement stub in the envelope with your check. If you prefer to pay by cash or credit card, please see the other ways to pay. 


The Town of Johnstown currently provides water service to residents and bills for service monthly. 

2024 Watering Schedules

The Town of Johnstown has implemented mandatory watering schedules aimed at maximizing water efficiency. Effective immediately and running until October 15, 2024, these water schedules are design to optimize irrigation practices.  Help by updating your sprinkler schedule!

  • Odd Number Addresses: Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays
  • Even Number Addresses, HOAs, and greenbelts:  Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
  • Watering from 12AM - 10AM and 6PM - 11:59PM
  • No irrigation on Sundays

Newly planted grass/lawn:  For residents looking to introduce new grass, a permit from the Town is required.  Have questions? Reach out to the Utilities Department at 970-587-4664.

Final Water Read Request

Please complete our Move Out Form linked below when requesting an end to your water service with the Town of Johnstown. 

Final Water Reading Request for Title Companies

Information about Billing and Estimated Reads

Water Billing and Estimated Reads


Water Meter Obstructions

It is important that residents avoid obstructing water meters and curb stops so that Town of Johnstown staff have easy access to make repairs and take monthly readings. Visit our Utilities page to learn more about water meter obstructions.


The Town of Johnstown has contracted with Waste Connections to provide garbage and recycling services to residents in Town.

Trash is every week and recycling is every other week. 

Johnstown Homes WEST of Colorado Blvd are serviced on MONDAYS.

Johnstown Homes EAST of Colorado Blvd are serviced on WEDNESDAYS. 

**For changes to service or questions related to service changes, please email utilitybilling@johnstownco.gov 
or contact Town Hall at 970-587-4664**

Click the button below or the garbage and recycling icon to the left of this section to access the calendar and holiday schedule, pick up guidelines, recycling guide, and more specific information.
Garbage & Recycling Information

The Town of Johnstown currently provides sewer/wastewater services to residents and bills for service monthly. 

Reminder About Flushing

Save your pipes by remembering to only flush the “3 P’s: Pee, Poo, & (toilet) Paper”. Anything else being flushed down your toilet can seriously clog your pipes, and if not yours, then it can create a backup at the wastewater treatment facility that Utilities Department staff then have to sort out.

Please do not flush the following items. Put them in the trash.
  • Tissues
  • Wipes (even "flushable")
  • Makeup removal pads
  • Napkins
  • Paper towels
  • Hair
  • Diapers
  • Condoms
  • Cotton balls and swabs 

A graphic detailing the thypes of materials that should and should not be flushed down toilets. Only toilet paper should be flushed down a toilet.

Fats, Oils and Grease Go In The Trash

All the pipes leaving our homes lead to the same place. Keep in mind what you put down your sink, too. It can be tempting to dump fats, oils, and grease (FOG) down the sink after cooking, but this can be a costly mistake: FOG isn't broken down by your garbage disposal. Instead, these nasty substances cool down in your wastewater system, sticking to and building up in your pipes. Over time, FOG buildup increases the likelihood of clogged pipes and sewer blockages that can send wastewater back into your and your neighbors' homes! 

Don't pour FOG down the sink. Help prevent FOG buildup in your  community's sewer system by pouring cooled fats, oils, and grease into a container and throwing it away. 


Moving In or Moving Out?

If you are MOVING OUT, please click here to complete the MOVE OUT form

If you are MOVING IN, please complete a property owner utility agreement form to begin/transfer water service and drop off at Town Hall M-F 8am-5pm or email utilitybilling@johnstownco.gov

Other documents:

Property Owner Utility Agreement Form

Tenant Utility Form

2023 Fee Schedule